- Summer 2024 OUR Summer Scholars Application Opens February 1
- Undergraduate Research Conference Accepting Abstracts
- The URC 2024 abstract submission form is now open! UNC Charlotte will be celebrating the 12th anniversary of the Undergraduate Research Conference (URC). The 2024 URC will be held at the Popp-Martin Student Union and is scheduled for Friday, April 12th from 8:30 am to 4 pm. To prepare your abstract for submission, go to the Abstract Submission Information page. Please note that you will need to login to the URC 2024 Symposium system to submit your abstract.
- The URC 2024 abstract submission closes at 5pm, Friday, March 1.
- Remember, a research project is never truly “done”. Research is constantly being revised, and presenting at a conference is a great opportunity to practice communication, critical thinking, and career and self-development skills! Even if you have a literature review or preliminary steps completed, you can submit an abstract for the URC!
- Fall 2024 Faculty Project Proposal Submissions Open February 5
Media Literacy Matters: Current Landscape, Student Actions, and Future Directions
Join the Critical Media Literacy Collaborative, Niner Times, and Atkins Library for Media Literacy Matters: Current Landscape, Student Actions, and Future Directions on March 21, 2024.
This half-day conference will bring faculty, students, and researchers across campus together to discuss issues related to media literacy. Media literacy is the ability to use critical thinking and rhetorical reasoning to find, evaluate, and create information in online environments. Media literacy guides people toward consuming digital media in a critical manner as engaged, well-informed citizens. Light breakfast refreshments will be provided! Students can learn more here, and submissions for the student showcase to present posters, videos, or lightning talks on media literacy are due on February 9.
OUR Logo Design Contest
The Office of Undergraduate Research celebrated its 5th birthday and we would like to celebrate with a new style!
- Original artwork for the logo can be created in any medium but must be put into a digital format. The final design must comply with brand standards for UNC Charlotte. It is preferred that the artwork fits the aspect ratio of 5” wide x 3” high. You can submit your design by completing this Google Form.
- The contest is open to all UNC Charlotte undergraduate students. All entries should be original and independent designs created by the student. Individual students may submit more than one piece for consideration. The deadline for submissions is March 29th, 2024.
- The first-place winner will have their work featured as the new logo for the Office and it will be used for promotional materials on campus and featured on the OUR website. The first-place winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
OUR Drop-In Hours
- 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm on Tuesdays
- Stop by the OUR Office at Barnard 109 to meet with a member of the OUR team
- Individual meetings also available, see the About Us page for contact information.
Register for UCOL 2101: Intro to Research
- One credit hour course offered on Thursdays from 11:30 am to 12:45 pm in Denny 102
- A professional development course that prepares students for successful engagement in undergraduate research. Provides an in-depth overview of research methods and practices. Students actively participate in conducting literature research and learn about the research process.
- Led by OUR Associate Director, Dr. Sarah Powell
- **Note: This course is intended for students interested in learning more about undergraduate research who have not already been employed as OUR Scholars
Student Survey: NOW ACTIVE!
- We are seeking student feedback to develop OUR programming and outreach
- Survey link HERE!
Want to receive email updates from OUR about research opportunities and news?
Click here to join the Student OUR Email List
Click here to join the Faculty OUR Email List